Enjoy the serenity of Santorini
Ananda Suites are on a convenient yet amazing spot on the caldera of Imerovigli. The village of Imerovigli is the highest spot on the caldera of Santorini. The whitewashed houses, the blue domed churches, the volcano and sea view are combined with the serene aura and the beauty of the caldera touched by human’s craftsmanship for building and living harmoniously with nature.
Today’s visitors of Imerovigli can visit the Skaros Rock. The Venetian capital of Santorini was one of the five castle- cities built on the island during the 16th century. There are no remains of the powerful castle city today, but only a church (Panagia Theoskepasti) on the rock, the view though is amazing and Skaros is among the best places to watch the sunset in Santorini.
At the peaceful village of Imerovigli you will also find restaurants, cafes, pharmacy, ATM and bakeries. The distance to the island’s capital, Fira, is approximately 2 km and you can reach it both by bus or on fοοt.
Top 10: Things to do in Santorini!
Ananda Suites suggests the things to do and all the not-to-miss experiences while you are enjoying your stay in Santorini and the stylish Ananda Suites in Imerovigli.
- Enjoy the sunset; at the privacy of your terrace or balcony of your Executive or Junior Suite in Ananda Suites. Imerovigli has the best sunset views in Santorini!
- Arrange a cruise which is considered to be the most popular activity in Santorini. Let the people of Ananda Suites arrange the details of a day or a sunset cruise in the caldera.
- Wine tours; visit the wineries of the island and taste the famous wines, like the sweet Vinsanto and the strong assyrtico and athiri.
- Swim; the volcanic beaches of Santorini with the black sand and the cosmopolitism is where you will enjoy swimming, the sun and water sports. The beaches of Perivolos, Perissa, Kamari and Vlychada are among your must visit beaches.
- Villages; every village of Santorini has a different aura. The medieval Pyrgos, the tranquil Megalochori and the village of Emporio with the best- preserved castle on the island.
- Hiking; from Ananda Suites take the path leading to the picturesque village of Oia. After only 2 hours walking, you will be in the village with the romantic atmosphere and the unique architecture.
- Historic Tours; visit the prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri, the Ancient Thera and the museums of Prehistoric Thera and the Archaeological Museum both located in Fira.
- Diving; the sea depths of Santorini have diversity and particular interest for professional and amateur divers visiting Santorini.
- Products; do not miss the uniquely delicious products of Santorini and especially the cherry tomatoes, the caper, the white aubergine and the fava that is cultivated on the island for more than 3.000 years.
- More caldera; probably the best activity in Santorini. With a glass of local wine at the privacy of your balcony or your terrace feel the power of the caldera and the beautiful memories that only the caldera of Santorini.